Sunday, June 15, 2014

Almost a Year...

It was almost a year ago that I decided there was something I wanted to change in my life.  I had previously taken the huge step to becoming healthier by beginning to jog, and was feeling better about myself physically as each day passed.  I had just been offered a new job after being unemployed for longer than I care to remember, so my finances were beginning to look up.  I've always had great friends and family I can rely on for emotional support, and for that I'm extremely grateful.

But there was still something missing.  Something that had been in the back of my mind for as long as I can remember.  Something I had the desire to do, even he need to do, but something I'd never had the courage to try doing.

I wanted to speak Russian.

I wish I could end this post by saying: I wanted to speak Russian - so I did!  Unfortunately, as anyone who has ever studied at foreign language knows, its never that simple.  There are ups and downs.  Sometimes it seems like there are more setbacks than successes.    Some days I feel like a genius, and other days I wonder how I'm smart enough to know how to breathe correctly. 

The first important lesson I learned, however, is this:  If you have the will, desire, and passion, you'll succeed.  I know it sounds like a bad cliche, but its the truth.  And it applies to everything in life, not just language learning.  

 I hope by sharing my experiences in learning, from the past, present, and future, I'll inspire anyone who reads this to take a chance and go for whatever their passion is.

Please come back soon to read my next post!  I look forward to seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment